Gently wash the genital area with soap and water then rinse well prior to testing.
1. Please read all the information in this package insert carefully before performing the test.
2. Gather the following items:
- The UTI Test Strip in CLOSED foil pouch
- Paper towel(s)
- Watch or Timer
- A Pen or Pencil (optional)
3. Remove the strip from the foil pouch and use the test immediately. If the test has been left out of the foil pouch for 20 minutes or more, open a new test strip.
4. Begin urinating. After some urine has passed, hold the test pads in the urine stream for 1-2 seconds. Make sure both test pads are completely wet.
5. Dab the side of the strip on a paper towel to remove excess urine.
6. Lay the test strip with the test pads facing upwards and begin timing.
7. Read test results for Nitrite after 1 minute and for Leukocytes after 2 minutes. Compare each test area to its corresponding color blocks on the color chart to obtain results. Be sure to read the test results before 3 minutes have passed. Ignore any color change after 3 minutes.
8. Record the results with a pen or pencil. Compare them to the table in the Results section.